19 September 2010

The Biggest Party I've Ever Been To!!



On Friday the 10th of September there was a Novo work party.  Around 8,000 people showed up for this company wide event.  First we walked in to Bella Center to listen to a speech, the whole room was buzzing.  I truly felt like I was in a bee hive because of how many people there were having their own conversations!  

The speech
The speech was given in Danish so I can't tell you what was said.  After we went to go have dinner!

We all entered through three doors and into a very large seating area.  You knew where to sit by color and table number.  Our table was in the purple section.  

The dinner table
First Course





















The Menu
First Course
Warrior Shrimp with Pesto and Citrus Salad
Salmon terrine with slices of Smoked Salmon
Bulls Blood and Fillice salt with Pine Nuts,
Soltorrede Tomatoes and Parmesan Flakes
Humma and Envelope Sting

Main course
Halal Slaughtered Honey Fried Poulardbryst
Grontsagssouffle
Halal Saughtered Svory Oksekofta
Warm Potato Ratatouille with Courgettes
Pepper and Eggplant
Tomatasalat with Feta and Olives, Served Tazatiziki

Dessert
Fynk Apple Pie with River Foam
Jordbaertrifli with Italian Macaroons

Our Group at Dinner


I would have to say that my favorite from the first couse was the shrimp and citrus.  I don't think I have ever considered putting garlic with oranges and grapefruit, but I must say that it is something that I want to try in the future.  

Every bit of the main couse was delicious.  I was so excited to try the Ratatouille, seeing as I am a huge fan of Pixar films :)  It had more of a spicy kick to it than I expected, but it was very delectable.  

The dessert.  Oh the dessert.  I tried to savor every bite, and perhaps my next goal will be to try and recreate it.  I have no idea how to recreate the Jordbaertrifli (which I believe really means strawberries) dish, but the Apple Pie might be attemptable.  The dessert of course was served with tea and coffee.  

After dinner the party was moved into another large room with lights decorating the place.  Then there was a main stage where a bunch of Danish bands played.  

 



Our Bar
The main stage where all the bands play.
 All of the colors had their own bars where you could get wine, beer, and cola.  It was really cool how they were all lit up.  












Danish artists such as Erik Gadd, Alphabeat, Bryan Rise, Rasmus Seebach, Burhan G, Medina and NEPHEW played at the event.











The party was very fun there was lots of dancing and good conversation.  After the party started to dwindle Rachel and I made our way home on the Metro.  As we exited the site there was a Polser stand where many Novo employees grabbed a quick bite to eat before heading home.  :)

The next Monday I learned a new Danish saying, Tak For Sidst.  Roughly translated it means thank you for the lovely time we had together last.  

Until my next post, Kind Regards!!



No comments:

Post a Comment